PRECAST CONCRETE SOLUTIONS
Gillespie has been manufacturing precast concrete products for nearly a century. We are dedicated to the timely install of our precast structures and the development of innovative precast solutions.
Nearly a Century of Growth
Gillespie has been manufacturing custom precast concrete products for nearly a century. Established in 1922, Gillespie and Son, Inc. was founded on the Eastern Shore of Maryland as a supplier of ready mix and precast concrete products. In 2004, in an effort to focus energies, grow product lines and reassure quality control, the precast operations of Gillespie and Son separated to form affiliate company Gillespie Precast, LLC. Since 2004, Gillespie Precast has grown to produce many different product lines in a variety of markets serving the mid-Atlantic region: Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Washington D.C., SE Pennsylvania and New Jersey markets. See article on Growth Milestones
As a fifth generation family-owned and operated company, we produce out of three plant locations that employ over 150 people with a management team providing over 130 years combined experience. Employment Form Below
Gillespie Precast is Maryland, Delaware and Virginia DOT certified to produce precast structures and has met the requirements of the National Precast Concrete Association Plant Certification Quality Control program. See Certifications & Memberships
Gillespie Precast operates three plant locations. We have two plants in Chestertown, Maryland with our main plant facility featuring a 53,600 sq. ft. space and a 100,000 lbs. lift capacity. Our location gives us easy access to interstate highways.
Our plant in Greenwood, Delaware further supports our ability to service the Delmarva Peninsula and the broader mid-Atlantic area.
Active Memberships & Certifications
- National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA)
- National Utility Contractors Association Delmarva (NUCA)
- Delaware Contractors Association (DCA)
- Maryland Transportation Builders & Materials Association (MTBMA)
- Central Atlantic Precast Concrete Association (CAPCA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) – Delaware
- Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT)
- State Highway Administration (SHA) – Maryland
- Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDot)
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
- Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC)
- Pepco – An Excelon Company (Pepco)
- BGE – An Excelon Company (BGE)